Beauty at 40

woensdag 23 oktober 2013


At 40, you need to take your beauty regime to a higher level. I'd like to share my personal favourites with you. These are as far as I am concerned basics every woman should start to hoard once the big 4 is in sight.
As your skin changes and dry spots appear, it's key to hydrate and soften your complexion. I discovered Bio Oil (1) at my local iU store and it's in my vanity case all the time. I never leave the country without it. Perfect for your body, face and hands. It's not over greasy and smells divine. 
As your skin changes and pores become more prominent, you might need to fill them up with Sothys (2) pore refiner. You need to use it underneath your tinted day cream. My daily wear is (4) Estée Lauder's Sheer tint release ; it actually adapts to your own skin tone. It's light, does not matten your appearance (which makes you look older anyway) and stays good all day through. 

My hands suffer the most, especially in Winter. I like to scrub them with the OPI mani scrub and treat them with (5) OPI Avoplex handcare. Hands denounce your age - might as well treat them with lots of respect. Make an appointment for a mani once and a while. Ask for good labels and indulge in a nice colour like Chanel's Black Satin (6) - love that extra shine and it's ever so chic! 

Don't overdo make up - this only works for models and 19 year old beauties. The older you get the less is more rule becomes more apparent at all times. You can of course emphasize on your best feature. My case, my lips are the ones to take the spotlight. MAC cosmetics has a super soft and creamy lip liner - pro long wear (3). Easy to use and by far, stays all day long (only 1 touch up a day .. how cool is that ?) 
My favourite red is High Energy ; you might remember this blogpost. 

1 opmerking :

  1. Nice post! :)
    Today new post, Lingerie Dress, don´t miss it!
    Kisses from Spain, Kela

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

share your thoughts - be blunt but respectful. thank you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground